If you are running a blog or website, security must be one of your main concern especially when you are making a living out of it.
In this article we will show you how to encrypt WordPress password without SSL. Before proceeding, first you need to installed and activate the plugin Chap Secure Password Login. Secondly you may required a software called Fiddler which is a Web Debugger if you want to check if your password is send encrypted when login to your site
There is no setting that you need to configured for Chap Secure Password. It will work instantly after activation. So we are going to check if it is working properly.
Check If Chap Secure Password Login Is Working
1. First of all logout from your WordPress site.
2. Opan Fiddler so that it will start tracking your browser.
3. Try to login to your site.
4. After successful login to your site, switch to Fiddler and select the row from the left pane that have the value /wp-login.php in the URL column.
5. From the right pane, select Inspectors › WebForms.
6. Search the row named pwd and see if the value is in plain text or encrypted
7. If your password is encrypted, it means that the plugin is working successfully.
Hope that this article helps you to encrypt your WordPress password. If your have any alternative plugin or have questions, please feel free to leave us a comment.