What is CCleaner?
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.
Piriform has released CCleaner v5.07 to public which comes with many improvements and changes are mentioned in the changelog.
What Does CCleaner Cleans?
CCleaner cleans the following from your system
- Internet Explorer: Temporary files, history, cookies, index.dat files.
- Firefox: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
- Google Chrome: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
- Opera: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history.
- Safari: Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.
- Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard, DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps, Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner: Remove unused and old entries and more.
- Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from apps including Windows Media Player, Microsoft Office, Nero, WinRAR, WinZip and many more.
What’s new in this version (changelog):
- Improved Microsoft Edge (Spartan / IE 12) cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Internet Cache and Session cleaning.
- Added Firefox Web Apps start-up management.
- Improved Windows 10 Recycle Bin and Delayed cleaning support.
- Improved Skip UAC functionality for domain accounts.
- Added Adobe Reader DC cleaning.
- Updated various translations.
- Minor GUI Improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
You can download CCleaner from the below link: