There is no build-in setting or option in Windows 8 that user can skip the Metro Start Screen and boot directly to desktop. But the good news is that there is a program called Classic Shell. It have the option to boot directly to desktop skipping the Start Screen.
1. To begin with this tutorial, download Classic Shell from the link below.
2. After you have download and installed the above program. Open Classic Shell settings by right click on the start menu and tap Settings.
3. Next go to Windows 8 Settings tab.
4. Now check or enable the Skip Metro screen option.
5. That’s it. Apply the changes and restart your system and it will boot directly to your desktop